The XTERRA Fitness TR6.6 Folding Treadmill Review
The XTERRA Fitness TR6.6 Folding Treadmill Overview
We’ve come across yet another XTERRA Treadmill.
Previously, we reviewed the XTERRA TR4500 Treadmill.
Until then, the NordicTrack T 6.5 Si was the best-uncontented home treadmill at the 1000-dollar price.
The XTERRA Fitness TR150 was the only other home treadmill that offered great value for money.
If you didn’t know, the XTERRA TR150 is the best quality treadmill for under 500 dollars. On top of that, it is also Amazon’s best-selling home treadmill.
Today, we have the XTERRA TR6.6 Treadmill. It is a bit old, and most of its features are slightly outdated. Nonetheless, some people might be drawn in by its affordable price tag and some of its “high-end” features.
Indeed, the XTERRA TR6.6 Treadmill comes with impressive features like the 3.0 HP motor, the relatively large deck surface, and its 0 to 15% incline range.
Even in 2021, all those features are still impressive for a treadmill with its price tag.
- Large 20" X 60" Walking/running surface
- Widescreen 7. 5 inch blue backlit display
- Lift assist folding deck with XTA soft cushioning
- Direct access speed & incline buttons conveniently located on the handlebars
- Quiet & powerful 3. 0 HP motor
- A 3.0 HP commercial-grade motor with speeds of up to 12MPH.
- It has a 7.5” LCD backlit display.
- It comes with seven inbuilt workout programs.
- A 20” by 60” XTRASoft Cushioned Deck Surface.
- A 2-ply heavy-duty tread belt.
- It has an incline range of 0 to 15%.
- It has 2.36” commercial, precise, and balanced rollers.
- 350 lbs of weight capacity.
- An inbuilt workout fan.
- It has digital speakers and an audio jack for listening to music.
- It also comes with a free heart-rate monitoring chest strap.
- Dual HandGrip Pulse Sensors.
- It comes with several accessory holders.
- It has a folding design for proper storage.
- Its dimensions are 78.9” L by 35” W by 57.1” H.
1. Its build, motor, and workout programs
Unfortunately, its overall build doesn’t please us—There is too much plastic.
Apart from that, we can at least say its components are firm. We particularly like the aluminum side extrusions. Not only do they look good, but they also ease its maintenance.
Of course, you shouldn’t rely on plastic when it comes to heavy-duty and intensive workout sessions.
At best, we predict it will last for a maximum of 2 years. Beyond that, you are in the “grace period.”
Its console is neat. Unfortunately, this one doesn’t come with a Smart HD Touchscreen Display. Instead, it has a large 7.5″ LCD backlit display.
Besides that, we love the button placement—They conveniently situated the speed and incline buttons.
Next, we have the 3.0 HP commercial-grade motor. Indeed, it is powerful and quiet. It can comfortably handle intermediate and hardcore workout sessions. As mentioned earlier, it offers speeds of up to 12MPH.
If you prefer a more powerful motor at the same price, then we advise you get the XTERRA TR4500 Treadmill.
Finally, we have the seven in-built workout programs—XTERRA Fitness has let us down.
Seven workout programs are too little. Once again, we advise you to go for the XTERRA TR4500 Treadmill or NordicTrack’s T 6.5 Si Treadmill.
2. The XTRASoft Cushioned Tread Surface and incline functionalities
Fortunately, the TR6.6 comes with a spacious 20″ by 60″ deck surface. That is more than enough to cater to the tallest users.
On top of that, the surface has the XTRASoft Cushioning Technology. It is helpful to those prone to joint-related pains and injuries.
The technology softens the tread surface while still maintaining some hardness. The softness works to reduce the amount of pressure exerted on your joints while running.
Finally, it comes with an impressive 0 to 15% incline range that thwarts the NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill—Incline exercises push you to train harder than last time.
3. The heart-rate monitoring chest strap and other luxurious features
Well done, XTERRA Fitness—It’s rare to find a low-end or mid-range treadmill that comes with a free heart-rate monitoring chest strap.
If that wasn’t enough, the TR6.6 also comes with Dual HandGrip Pulse Sensors.
Next, we have the in-built workout fan and digital speakers that will keep you cool and motivated through your workout sessions.
Finally, it has a folding design for proper storage.
Indeed, The XTERRA TR6.6 comes with decent features. Nonetheless, it’s no match for the TR4500 that comes with a more powerful motor and Bluetooth connectivity.
“What about the NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill? Is it a better alternative?”
Yes and no.
Sure, the treadmill comes with a fancy touchscreen display. Nonetheless, its motor is significantly less powerful.
Also, its incline range is not impressive.