The XTERRA Fitness TR4500 Folding Treadmill Review
The XTERRA Fitness TR4500 Folding Treadmill Overview
Previously on EllipticalNation, we reviewed the XTERRA TR3500 Treadmill.
We concluded that it was the best XTERRA Treadmill since the “wonderful” and most affordable TR150. In addition to that, we also saw the inclusion of new modem features like Bluetooth connectivity and the powerful 3.0 HP motor.
Today, we are reviewing yet another XTERRA Fitness Treadmill—The XTERRA TR4500. Of course, we expect it to be better than its predecessor.
It would be great if XTERRA provided us with a quality treadmill below the 1000-dollar mark.
Speaking of the 1000-dollar mark, we have the NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill. So far, it is the best and most affordable home treadmill available in the market.
Will XTERRA Fitness finally defeat NordicTrack? Is the XTERRA TR4500 worth your money?
Please continue reading to find out.
XTERRA Fitness TRX4500 Treadmill, Silver
- Smooth And Powerful Xterra High Torque 3.25 Hp Motor
- Reader-Friendly 7.5" Bright Blue Backlit Lcd - Clearly Displays Program Profile, Time, Speed, Pace, Distance, Calories, Incline, And Pulse
- Motivating Programs Include 30 Pre-Set, 2 Custom, 1 Heart Rate Control, And Manual Options
- Handlebar Mounted Speed And Incline Controls
- A steel gauged frame.
- It has a high-torque 3.25 HP motor with speeds of up to 12MPH.
- It has a 2-ply tread belt.
- A 20” by 60” XTRASoft Cushioned Deck Surface.
- It has an incline range of 0 to 15%.
- 30 in-built programs.
- A 7.5” LCD backlit display.
- It supports Bluetooth connectivity.
- It is compatible with The XTERRA Fitness App.
- An in-built workout fan.
- It has digital speakers and an audio input for listening to music.
- Dual HandGrip Pulse Sensors.
- It also comes with a free wireless heart-rate monitoring vest.
- Accessory and cup holders.
- It has a foldable LiftAssist design for easy storage.
- Its dimensions are 77.2” L by 35.5” W by 56.1” H.
1. Its overall build, motor, and in-built workout programs
We think XTERRA Fitness has finally done it. They have finally come up with a piece that can comfortably challenge the NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill. Remember, both treadmills are in the same price range.
First and foremost, the TR4500 comes with a 3.25 HP motor. The motor is significantly more capable than the 2.6 CHP motor in the NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill—This automatically makes the TR4500 the best for hardcore and heavyweight runners.
Next, we have the builds.
In our opinion, both treadmills have a reliable frame. Indeed, it’s not the same as the premium treadmills. Nonetheless, we predict they will hold out well.
Unfortunately, for XTERRA Fitness, the NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill comes with a Smart HD Touchscreen Display that opens a world of possibilities—This makes a joke out of XTERRA’s LCD backlit display.
On top of that, the T 6.5 Si Treadmill comes with a free one-year iFit Coach Membership that offers an infinite library of workout programs.
On the other hand, the TR4500 comes with 30 in-built workout programs. Some are manual, and the others are fully customizable.
2. The XTRASoft Cushioned Deck Surface and incline capabilities
We appreciate the ample deck surface that comes with the TR4500. It has a tread surface measuring 20″ by 60″. That’s more than enough for most people.
In addition to that, we also have The XTRASoft Cushioning Technology that softens the deck surface while maintaining its sturdiness. It is a helpful feature that protects against joint-related pains and injuries.
As expected, the NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill comes with a similar but slightly different technology—The FlexSelect Cushioning Technology.
Unlike the XTRASoft, this one is tweakable. You get to choose between the “hard” and “soft” settings.
Finally, we must mention XTERRA’s impressive 0 to 15% incline range. It is lightyears better than the 0 to 10% incline range offered by the T 6.5 Si Treadmill.
3. Bluetooth connectivity, the heart-rate monitoring vest, and other fancy features
To our surprise, the TR4500 comes with a free heart-rate monitoring vest. In case you didn’t know, heart monitoring vests usually come with premium-grade treadmills.
If that wasn’t enough, it also has Dual HandGrip Pulse Sensors. Of course, they aren’t as accurate. Nonetheless, they are a decent feature to have.
We love the treadmill’s Bluetooth connectivity and compatibility with The XTERRA Fitness App.
On top of that, we also have the inbuilt workout fan and several accessory holders.
Finally, we have the folding design and LiftAssist Hydraulics that allow for proper storage.
It is hard to choose which is the better treadmill between the two.
We advise you to buy the NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill if you prefer a more “glamorous” workout experience. That means you’ll have to forgo raw power.
Meanwhile, the XTERRA TR4500 Folding Treadmill is the best option if you prefer a simple but significantly more powerful treadmill.
Are you willing to invest more money? Then we advise you to check out The NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill.
Be the first to review “The XTERRA Fitness TR4500 Folding Treadmill Review”
There are no reviews yet.