The XTERRA Fitness TR3500 Folding Treadmill Review
The XTERRA Fitness TR3500 Folding Treadmill Overview
I think we’ve finally found a treadmill that can challenge the legendary XTERRA TR150 Treadmill.
“Why is the TR150 Treadmill so unique?”
Well, the TR150 is a hidden gem. Surprisingly, it is worth less than 500 dollars.
We were skeptical at first. It was too cheap to be good.
Therefore, we decided to review it and uncover its shortcomings. We were shocked. Fortunately, it is of good quality. It is also the best-selling home treadmill available on Amazon—Its page has thousands of positive 5-star reviews.
Despite its affordable price tag, the TR150 Treadmill has one major shortcoming—It lacks the necessary raw power to facilitate intermediate and hardcore runners.
Today, we have the XTERRA TR3500 Treadmill.
Finally, we are going to witness the first XTERRA Treadmill with a 3.0 HP motor. In addition to that, it also has an impressive incline range of 0 to 12%.
“Is this it worth it? Will XTERRA finally beat NordicTrack’s T 6.5 Si Treadmill?”
Continue reading to find out.
- Smooth and powerful XTERRA high torque 3.0 HP motor.110V Cord/Outlet Power Source. Bluetooth FTMS 4.0.
- Reader-friendly 6.5” bright blue backlit LCD display – clearly shows program profile, time, speed, pace, distance, calories, incline, and pulse
- Motivating programs include 30 pre-set, 2 custom, 1 heart rate control, and manual options
- Handlebar mounted speed and incline controls
- Built-in Bluetooth connects to FTMS-enabled third party apps like Zwift, Kinomap, Tacx, and more
- It has a heavy steel gauge frame.
- A 3.0 HP motor with speeds of up to 12MPH.
- A 2-ply tread belt.
- It has a 20” by 60” XTRASoft Cushioned Deck Surface.
- 30 in-built workout programs.
- An incline range of 0 to 12%.
- It has a weight capacity of 350 lbs.
- An in-built workout fan.
- Bluetooth connectivity.
- Compatible with The XTERRA Fitness App on mobile devices.
- It has digital speakers and an audio jack for listening to music as you work out.
- HandGrip Pulse Sensors.
- Accessory and cup holders.
- It has a foldable design with wheels for mobility and easy storage.
- Its dimensions are 77.2” L by 35.5” W by 56.1” H.
1. Its build, motor, and workout programs
Its build is promising—We love the steel gauge frame. It should age well. Also, its components are firm and nicely held in place.
We’re not saying its build is of premium standards. Nonetheless, we have a feeling it will carry on strong into the third year.
Next, we have the console—It’s nothing fancy. It looks like your everyday XTERRA Fitness Console. Unfortunately, it lacks the Smart HD Display that we all love. Therefore, you’ll be unable to stream your favorite workout videos and programs.
Well done, XTERRA Fitness—This is our first XTERRA Treadmill to come with a 3.0 HP motor. So far, all the other XTERRA treadmills rocked the 2.25 HP motor.
The new 3.0 motor is the current industry standard and will satisfy intermediate and hardcore runners. As mentioned earlier, it supports speeds of up to 12MPH.
Finally, we have the 30 in-built workout programs —You can start working out immediately after unboxing.
In addition to that, it also comes with two customizable program slots that you can use to configure and save your favorite workout exercises.
2. The XTRASoft Cushioned Deck and incline functionalities
As mentioned earlier, the TR3500 comes with a 2-ply tread belt. On top of that, it also has a 20″ by 60″ tread surface. We love the size. It should be more than enough to cater to taller people.
We also have the XTRASoft Deck Surface Technology. It’s an XTERRA feature that softens the tread surface while still maintaining its sturdiness. The feature is helpful to those prone to joint-related pains and injuries—As you run, the softness will reduce the amount of pressure exerted on your joints.
“Does the TR3500 Treadmill come with incline functionalities?”
Yes, it does. It has an impressive range of 0 to 12%. So far, that is the best incline range we’ve come across in XTERRA Fitness Treadmills.
3. Bluetooth connectivity, HandGrip Pulse Sensors, and other luxurious features
Finally, we present to you the first XTERRA Treadmill supporting Bluetooth connectivity (It’s been a while).
Moreover, the TR3500 is also compatible with the XTERRA Fitness App. You can now sync and share your workout progress with your smartphone. In addition to that, you can also create separate workout profiles for each family member—It’s an impressive progress-tracking feature.
Next, we have the HandGrip Pulse Sensors. They are not 100% accurate. However, they might come in handy.
Yes, it is foldable.
Finally, we have the workout fan and digital speakers to keep you cool and motivated through your workout sessions.
So, do we finally have a worthy contender?
Yes. Without a doubt, the TR3500 Treadmill is miles ahead of the TR150, TR300, and TR2500 Treadmills.
Unfortunately, it is still no match for the NordicTrack T 6.5 SI Treadmill.