The XTERRA Fitness TR300 Folding Treadmill Review
The XTERRA Fitness TR300 Folding Treadmill Overview
Welcome back to EllipticalNation. We recently reviewed the cheapest quality treadmill available in the market—The XTERRA TR150 Treadmill.
Now, the TR150 is unique. Usually, we don’t recommend cheap treadmills because they are not as durable as mid-range and high-end treadmills. However, this single XTERRA treadmill proved us wrong.
Today, we decided to review yet another XTERRA Fitness Treadmill—We thought we might as well give them a chance.
Behold, we present to you the XTERRA Fitness TR300 Treadmill. Indeed, it comes with a 2.25 HP motor and incline functionalities. As expected, it comes with more features than the TR150.
On top of that, it also comes with a significantly higher price tag.
So, is it worth the extra money? Is it better than the “miraculous” TR150 XTERRA Treadmill? Please continue reading to find out.
1 used from $1,025.00
- Large 20" x 55" walking/running surface accommodates users of many sizes and stride lengths
- Intuitive 5.5" Blue Backlit LCD display is easy to read and keeps you updated on speed, incline, time, distance, calories and pulse
- 24 preset programs, heart rate control, and manual program offer unmatched variety for your workouts
- Lift Assist and Safe Drop folding deck technology makes setup and storage safe and easy
- A steel frame.
- It has a 2.25 HP motor with speeds of up to 10MPH.
- An incline range of 0 to 10%.
- It has a 5.5″ backlit LCD.
- 24 in-built workout programs.
- It has a weight capacity of 290 lbs.
- Mp3 compatible speakers.
- A workout fan.
- A 20″ by 55″ XTRASoft Cushioned Tread Surface.
- It has a folding design and LiftAssist hydraulics.
- It has 1.8” balanced and precise rollers.
- Its dimensions are 72.2” L by 35” W by 54.1” H.
1. The console, motor, and pre-installed workout programs
The XTERRA TR150 Treadmill has a decent console. Sure, it lacks the Smart HD touchscreen Display. Nonetheless, it has well-placed buttons.
Next, we have the 2.25 HP motor. Unfortunately, it is similar to the motor found in the TR150—We at least expected a 3.0 CHP motor. Nonetheless, the 2.25 HP motor should be enough for lightweight and medium workout sessions.
On top of that, we acknowledge the speeds of up to 10 MPH.
Finally, we have 24 in-built workout programs. We love the fact that it comes with more options than the TR150. Furthermore, it also comes with one manual workout program that you can customize to suit your needs.
2. The XTRASoft Cushioned Deck and incline functionalities
First and foremost, the TR300 Treadmill comes with a 2-ply tread belt. Indeed, it is not of commercial standards and won’t last as long.
Next, we have the XTRASoft Cushioned tread surface. We love the idea behind it. The tread surface is soft but sturdy enough to offer some resistance as you work out.
By reducing the amount of pressure exerted on your joints, the softness will help prevent joint-related pains and injuries.
The 20″ by 55″ deck size is somewhat sufficient. Nonetheless, it will be uncomfortable for taller people.
Congratulations, XTERRA Fitness. We appreciate the 0 to 10% incline range. It’s a massive improvement from the 3-level incline range offered by the XTERRA TR150 Treadmill.
Inclined exercises are the best. Not only do they enable you to train harder, but they also reduce the amount of pressure exerted on your joints.
3. The folding design and workout fan.
Fortunately, the XTERRA TR300 Treadmill has a folding design for easy storage. Also, it has LiftAssist Hydraulics that ease the entire process.
In addition to that, we also have MP3 compatible speakers. Unfortunately, this feature is outdated since most people prefer Bluetooth connectivity. However, you can use an aux cable to connect with your smartphone.
We firmly think that workout fans are a necessity. A workout fan will keep you cool through your sessions. Fortunately, the XTERRA TR300 Treadmill comes with an in-built workout fan.
Finally, we have the HandGrip pulse sensors. Although they are not the most accurate, they are sure to come in handy.
Do we recommend the XTERRA TR300 Treadmill?
No, unless it’s your only option. Instead, we advise you to add some money (around 300 dollars) and get the new NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill. It comes with more features and a new Smart HD Touchscreen Display. Yes, you can even stream your favorite workout programs.