The XTERRA Fitness TR2500 Folding Treadmill Review
The XTERRA Fitness TR2500 Folding Treadmill Overview
So, we previously reviewed the XTERRA TR300 Treadmill.
Did we like it?
No, we did not. Its features are similar to the TR150. Everything is the same apart from the 0 to 10% incline range, the workout fan, and, of course, the heavier price tag.
So far, the TR150 is still our favorite, affordable, and most recommended XTERRA Fitness Treadmill.
Will the XTERRA TR2500 Treadmill beat the TR150? Please continue reading to find out.
First, we’d like to highlight that both the treadmills have the same 2.25 HP motor. Honestly, that’s a low-end motor that won’t do much for intermediate and hardcore runners.
At best, it is suited for beginner runners who are just testing the waters.
- high torque 2.25 hp motor
- large 5.5” blue backlit lcd display speed, incline, time, distance, calories and pulse
- hand grip pulse sensors are also conveniently mounted on the handlebars
- "large 20"" x 55” walking/running surface"
- Included components: Unit, Assembly Kit, Owner s Manual
- A steel frame.
- It has a 2.25 HP motor with speeds up to 10MPH.
- 24 pre-installed workout programs.
- It has an incline range of 0 to 10%.
- It has a 2-ply Duraweave heavy-duty tread belt.
- A 20” by 55” XTRASoft Cushioned Tread Surface.
- It has a 5.5” LCD backlit display.
- 300 lbs weight capacity.
- It has HandGrip Pulse Sensors.
- It has digital speakers and an audio jack for device connectivity.
- An in-built cooling fan.
- It has a foldable design and wheels for mobility and easy storage.
- Accessory holders.
- Its dimensions are 72.3″ L by 35.5″ W by 56.1″ H.
1. The build, console, and workout programs
Its build isn’t that promising. Sure, the frame is steel. However, it’s not that stable.
Indeed, it will be nice and firm when you first unbox it. However, we can’t promise that it will age well into its second year. Its condition might worsen depending on its usage.
Next, we have the console—It’s decent. The control and incline buttons are well placed. We don’t fancy the LCD backlit display. Nonetheless, this is what you get for the money you pay—You can’t stream your favorite workout videos and programs.
Finally, we have 24 in-built workout programs. These programs will come in handy to beginner runners who want to get started immediately after unboxing their treadmills.
In addition to that, we also have one custom workout program that experienced runners can use to customize their favorite workout routines.
2. The XTRASoft Cushioned Deck and incline functionalities
The treadmill comes with a 2-ply Duraweave Heavy-duty Tread Belt. Sure, it looks durable. Nonetheless, it has fewer fans compared to the Commercial Tread Belts.
Next, we have its XTRASoft Cushioned tread surface. We love the idea.
The XTRASoft Technology softens the deck surface while still maintaining some sturdiness. The softness helps reduce the amount of pressure exerted on your joints as you run. Therefore, it prevents joint-related pains and injuries.
“How big is the tread surface?”
The deck surface measures 20″ by 55″. It isn’t the worst size. Nonetheless, taller people will experience some difficulties. We usually recommend treadmills with 20″ by 60″ tread surfaces.
As expected, the TR2500 comes with incline functionalities—It has an incline range of 0 to 10%. The incline range is an improvement from the TR150’s 3-level incline range.
3. The workout fan and other luxurious functionalities
We strongly believe that workout fans are a necessity. Fortunately, the TR2500 comes with an in-built workout fan. It’s not the fanciest and most powerful. Nonetheless, it works well and will keep you cool as you work out.
Moreover, we also have digital speakers. Unfortunately, the treadmill doesn’t offer Bluetooth connectivity. Instead, you’ll have to use an aux cable to connect with your smartphone.
Next, we have the HandGrip Pulse Sensors. Of course, they are positioned well on the handles. They read pulses and measure heart rates. However, they aren’t as accurate as heart-rate monitoring vests that come with high-end treadmills.
Finally, we have to mention its folding design. Not only is the treadmill foldable, but it also has wheels for easy movement.
We don’t recommend the XTERRA Fitness TR2500 Treadmill—It doesn’t offer value for the money.
We can confidently say that the TR150 offers more value for your money.
Is there a better alternative? Yes. You should check out the NordicTrack T 6.5 Si Treadmill.